Zucchini Ribbon + Garbanzo Bean Salad
- Gluten Free
- Super Fast
Why we love it:
- 1⁄4 cup Cider Vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Kosher Salt (divided, more or less to taste)
- 3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 11⁄2 pounds Zucchini
- 1 Lemon (zest and juice)
- 1 15-ounce can Garbanzo Beans
- 1 pint Cherry Tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup Fresh Parsley (or other soft herb)
- Italian Bread (8 slices, for serving)
In a small bowl, whisk together: cider vinegar, honey, dijon mustard, and about ½ of the kosher salt. Add the olive oil and whisk well.
Wash zucchini and trim the very tough stem end only. Use a peeler and peel the skin from the zucchini in long ribbons, into a bowl, then keep going all the way down to the core. It might be challenging to peel into the seedy center, so at that point, finely dice the center into cubes and add to the ribbons.
Zest the lemon over top, then add the juice. Add a pinch of salt and toss. Let sit for a few minutes.
3. TOMATOES + BEANS
Drain the beans and add them. Halve the tomatoes if you prefer. Add to zucchini.
Toss the salad gently and garnish with the chopped herbs. Serve immediately with sliced crusty bread.