- Gluten Free
Why we love it:
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1 Tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper (or more, to taste, or omit)
- 1 teaspoon Tomato Paste
- 8 ounces Cheddar Cheese (or shredded Mexican cheese blend)
- 1 Slicer Tomato (or salsa instead)
- 1 head Romaine Lettuce
- 8 Corn Tortillas (or hard taco shells)
- 1 Avocado
- 4 Tablespoons Sour Cream (optional)
In a large sauté pan, melt the butter. Then add the meat and break it up with a spoon. Keep cooking and breaking it up.
2. SPICE BLEND
Meanwhile, stir together all of the spices.
When the meat is mostly browned, add the tomato paste and cook. Add the spice blend and keep cooking. Add 1 - 3 Tablespoons of water to help make a nice thick sauce. Cook for another 1 - 2 minutes until all is browned, seasoned and coated.
If needed, grate cheese. Slice the tomato. Slice lettuce into thin strips. Slice the avocado. Set out the sour cream for topping.
Warm the tortillas/taco shells in the oven or microwave for just a couple of seconds.
I like to serve a make your own station for this kind of meal but you could assemble tacos for people if needed.