Soba Noodles With Green Beans
Why we love it:
- 2 Tablespoons Kosher Salt
- 1 package Soba Noodles (about 8 ounces)
- 3 cups Arugula (loosely packed, think of a loose handful)
- 1⁄2 bunch Green Onion
- 1⁄2 English Cucumber (or more, use the whole thing!)
- 3⁄4 pound Green Beans
- 1 Bell Pepper (Orange, Yellow or Red)
- 3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Ginger (peeled and finely chopped)
- 1 clove Garlic (minced)
- 1⁄4 cup White Miso (any color miso works here)
- 1 Tablespoon Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1 teaspoon Soy Sauce (or tamari)
- 1 teaspoon White Sesame Seeds (toasted)
Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil. Add the soba and cook according to package directions. When the noodles are cooked, remove the pot from the heat and drain in a colander. Run cold water over them immediately and toss them so they don’t stick. Be careful not to overcook, soba can get really clumpy if overdone.
2. ARUGULA + GREEN ONION + CUCUMBER
Meanwhile, wash and dry the arugula. Slice the green onion and add to the bowl. Slice the cucumber in half, then into half moons. Add everything to a large bowl.
3. GREEN BEANS + PEPPER
Slice the pepper in thin strips. Trim the ends of the green beans and cut them in half. Heat a large pan over medium high heat and drizzle in a little bit of olive oil. Add the peppers and green beans and sauté until the beans are cooked through but still bright and crispy. Turn off the heat and let them cool a bit.
Make the sauce in a blender or bullet style blender. Add fresh ginger, garlic, miso paste, rice vinegar, honey and soy sauce. Add 1 Tablespoon of water and 3 Tablespoons oil. Blend until its smooth.
Toss the soba with the veggies in the bowl, and add the peppers and green beans. Drizzle the dressing over top.
Divide among bowls and top with sesame seeds.