Restaurant Style Steak Fajitas
- Dairy Free
Why we love it:
- 2 teaspoons Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Black Pepper (freshly ground, to taste)
- 1 pound Flat Iron Steak
- 21⁄2 Tablespoons Canola Oil (divided)
- 2 Bell Pepper (Orange, Yellow or Red)s (cut into strips)
- 1 Red Onion (cut into wedges)
- 1 Avocado
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese (or shredded mexican blend)
- 4 Tablespoons Sour Cream (or shredded mexican blend)
- Flour Tortillas
1. PREHEAT GRILL
Preheat outdoor grill to medium high heat if you’d like to cook outside.
In a small bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon black pepper. Season steak with chili powder mixture.
Brush steak with 1 Tablespoon canola oil for the outdoor grill. Or warm that oil in a cast iron skillet indoors over high heat. Add steak to grill or pan, and cook, flipping once, until desired doneness, about 4 - 5 minutes per side for medium rare. Let rest off of the heat for 5 minutes.
Slice the bell peppers and onion into 1” thick strips. Season with remaining 1 ½ Tablespoons canola oil; and a pinch of salt and pepper.
Add bell peppers and onion to grill or pan, and cook, turning occasionally, until charred and tender, about 6 - 8 minutes.
Thinly slice steak against the grain and platter.
Slice avocado, add cheese and sour cream. Warm the tortillas in the oven or over the grill until just pliable.
Serve on plates or in family sized platters.