Pear, Almond + Blue Cheese Salad
- Gluten Free
Why we love it:
- 1⁄4 Shallot
- 1⁄4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Black Pepper (freshly ground)
- 1⁄4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Pear (ripe - Bosc or Bartlett variety)
- 8 ounces Spring Mix Salad Greens (or baby arugula or kale)
- 1 cup Almonds (Marcona)
- 1⁄4 cup Dried Cranberries
- 4 ounces Blue Cheese
Finely mince the shallot. Prepare the dressing by adding all ingredients - balsamic, Dijon, honey, salt, pepper, and shallot to a jar (or mixing bowl) and shake vigorously (or whisk) to combine. Add the olive oil and shake or whisk until it’s thick and consistent. Set aside.
Slice the pear into cubes or slices.
Wash and dry greens if needed. Toss in a bowl. Add the almonds, chopped pear, and cranberries.
Slice into thin squares to serve like the photo - or crumble in for a more casual presentation.
Toss with balsamic vinaigrette and serve.