Lamb Burgers with Feta Sauce, Roasted Peppers, Cucumber Salad
Why we love it:
- 11⁄4 pounds Ground Lamb
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt (divided)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard (divided)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Black Pepper (freshly cracked)
- 2 teaspoons Paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1⁄2 bunch Basil (leaves torn, divided)
- 2 Tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil (use a good one for this part)
- 1 English Cucumber (washed and sliced in thin rounds)
- 1⁄2 cup Kalamata Olives (pitted) (cut in half if you like)
- 1 teaspoon Canola Oil
- 6 ounces Feta Cheese (use a soft sheep’s feta or already crumbled)
- 4 Tablespoons Plain Greek Yogurt (we prefer whole milk, but that’s up to you)
- 2 Roasted Red Pepperss (from a jar, or more to taste)
- 4 Brioche Hamburger Buns
Tear the basil into pieces. You could chop it, but it’s less likely to turn brown if you tear it!
Mix the lamb, 1 teaspoon salt, black pepper, 3/4 teaspoon dijon, garlic powder, paprika, and ¼ of the basil leaves in a large bowl. Using clean hands, gently mash and combine the ingredients evenly.
Then divide the meat into 4 even balls and form those into ¾” thick patties.
2. CUCUMBER SALAD
In a medium bowl, add the remaining ¼ teaspoon dijon mustard, red wine vinegar, and a ¼ teaspoon of salt. Whisk. Then drizzle in the 3 Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil while whisking to combine. Slice the cucumbers thinly, on a mandoline if you have one, or with a knife, as evenly as you can. Add them directly to the bowl. Add the olives and about 1/2 of the torn basil. Carefully turn with a large spoon to coat all of the cucumbers.
3. COOK BURGERS
In a large saute pan heat 1 teaspoon canola oil over high heat. When hot and shimmery, turn to medium-high and add the patties. Cook for about 4 minutes on each side for medium done burgers.
4. FETA SAUCE
While the burgers are cooking, make the feta sauce. In a small bowl combine the feta, yogurt, and a small pinch of salt. Use a fork to mash the feta a bit and combine it evenly. Set aside for serving.
5. BUNS + PEPPERS
If you’d like to, toast the buns and set one on each plate.
Slice the red peppers or tear them into strips.
When the burgers are done, top each bun with a patty. Spoon the feta sauce evenly over each, then layer on the roasted red peppers. Garnish with the remaining torn basil leaves. Replace the top of the bun. Serve cucumber salad on the side.