Classic Cobb Salad
- Gluten Free
Why we love it:
- 3⁄4 pound Chicken Breast (boneless/skinless)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Oregano
- 1⁄2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Bacon (6 slices, cooked until crisp, then chopped)
- 6 Eggs (or as many as you’d like to serve)
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 3 Tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Black Pepper (freshly ground)
- 1 English Cucumber
- 1 pint Cherry Tomatoes
- 5 ounces Blue Cheese
- 1 Avocado (large, diced)
- 10 cups Romaine Lettuce (chopped, about 2 large heads)
1. PREHEAT OVEN TO 400 DEGREES
Season the chicken with a pinch of salt, dried oregano, and a drizzle of olive oil. Bake at 400 for about 19 - 25 minutes depending on thickness, until just cooked through. Let the chicken cool down until you can hold it and dice into cubes.
Place 4 eggs in a small pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil, turn off the heat, and cover. Let sit for 15 minutes, then run under cold water and peel eggs.
Cook the bacon in a sauté pan, or layer on a baking sheet and cook for 15 minutes at 400 degrees until crispy. Crumble or slice (or sauté or microwave the bacon if you prefer).
Mince the garlic finely. Whisk all the ingredients together in a medium bowl or shake well in a jar.
That is: ½ cup olive oil, 3 Tablespoons red wine vinegar, 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard, 2 cloves garlic, 1 Tablespoon dried oregano, ½ teaspoon kosher salt, ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper.
6. PREP VEGGIES
Dice or slice the cucumber; wash and decide to halve cherry tomatoes or not. Crumble the
blue cheese; dice the avocado.
Wash the romaine and dry very well. Place in a large serving bowl.
Top lettuce with the ingredients: chicken, cucumber, avocado, tomatoes, blue cheese, bacon. You can arrange them in a pattern or pile them on top - or serve in individual bowls. Toss with dressing or serve it on the side.