- Super Fast
Why we love it:
- Crusty Bread (1 loaf)
- Unsalted Butter (½ stick)
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Black Pepper (freshly ground, to taste)
- 12 ounces Fettuccine Pasta (or pasta of choice)
- 6 Roma Tomatos (about 1 ½ pounds)
- 6 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Dried Italian Seasoning
- 8 ounces Fresh Mozzarella
- 1 bunch Basil
1. HEAT BROILER TO HIGH
(or use the toaster oven)
Smear slices or a loaf of Italian bread with the butter and garlic powder; add a pinch of salt and pepper. Broil or toast until golden.
Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to package directions. Drain.
Heat a heavy large skillet over high heat and add the olive oil. Add the Italian seasoning and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and sauté just until heated through, about 2 minutes.
Add the cooked pasta to the pot. Remove the skillet from the heat, let sit for 2 minutes.
Add the cheese and basil, and toss to coat. Season the pasta with salt and pepper, to taste.
Serve immediately with large pieces of basil on top and bread on the side.