TikTok Pesto Egg Sandwich
- Super Fast
Why we love it:
- 4 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter (divided)
- Crusty Bread (8 slices - or sliced bread to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup Pesto (store bought or homemade)
- 4 Eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Black Pepper (optional, to taste)
- 8 ounces Cheddar Cheese (4 slices, or more to taste)
- 1 Avocado
- 4 cups Spring Mix Salad Greens
- 1 pint Cherry Tomatoes
- 3 Tablespoons Salad Dressing (to taste)
- 1⁄2 pound Ham (optional - omit for vegetarian!)
Melt ½ of the butter in a sauté pan over medium high heat and add the bread slices. Press occasionally until deep golden brown, flip. Add more butter if needed. Remove with both sides are toasted.
Turn the heat down, if needed and add the pesto. Stir it until it’s a little bubbly; crack in the eggs. Sprinkle tops with a pinch of salt and black pepper to taste. Let them cook without touching them for about 3 minutes until the whites are set. You can then spoon a little of the extra pesto over top to taste. If you like the yolks more set, cover or partially cover the pan. Eggs are done when you like how they look.
Melt the cheese over the bread in a toaster oven, or leave it unmelted. Top the cheese with hot eggs. Slice and add avocado and the second piece of bread.
OPTIONAL - If adding ham, add it to the bread with the cheese so it warms up a bit in the oven before adding the egg.
Toss lettuce with tomato and salad dressing to taste.
Slice sandwich in ½ and serve with salad.