Summer Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing
Why we love it:
- 1⁄2 pound Broccoli
- 3 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 3 Tablespoons Honey
- 1 teaspoon Cider Vinegar
- 2 heads Romaine Lettuce (chopped - about 6 cups)
- 1 Avocado (medium size - pitted and sliced)
- 1 pint Cherry Tomatoes (sliced)
- 1⁄4 Red Onion (small, thinly sliced)
- 2 cups Black Olives (or your favorite kind - sliced)
- 1⁄4 cup Feta Cheese (crumbled)
Cut broccoli into small florets and dice the stems (if you have leftover cooked broccoli, chop that up instead). Steam the stems and florets on a stovetop steamer or in the microwave. Using a microwave safe bowl, add 1 inch of water and cover with a plate or safe lid. Power on high for 3 minutes until broccoli is tender.
Stir the mustard, honey and vinegar together in a small bowl until smooth.
Place the lettuce, avocado, chopped tomatoes and thinly sliced red onion in a large bowl.
Add the olives and crumbed feta.
Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to evenly distribute. Divide among plates.