Shrimp Scampi + Roasted Broccoli
- Dairy Free
- Super Fast
Why we love it:
- 1⁄2 pound Spaghetti
- 1 pound Broccoli
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Kosher Salt (to taste)
- 3 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter (divided)
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1⁄2 cup White Wine (dry, or use stock)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Black Pepper (freshly cracked)
- 11⁄2 pounds Shrimp (medium or large, peeled and deveined)
- 1⁄2 Lemon (juice)
- 1⁄3 cup Fresh Parsley (chopped)
1. BRING A LARGE POT OF WATER TO A BOIL
Cook spaghetti according to package instructions.
Heat the oven to 425 degrees. Slice broccoli through the stalk, so you get long spears. Toss on a baking sheet with a pinch of salt. Dot with 1 Tablespoon of butter cut into small pieces. Roast for 12 minutes or until tender and golden brown in some places.
Mince the garlic as finely as you can.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt 2 Tablespoons butter and add the olive oil. Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add wine or broth, salt, red pepper flakes and black pepper and bring to a simmer. Let the liquid reduce by ½ - simmering about 2 minutes.
Add shrimp and sauté until they just turn pink, 2 to 4 minutes depending upon their size. Flip them over once or twice to cook evenly. Stir in the lemon juice.
Chop parsley. Plate pasta and broccoli, top with shrimp and sauce. Garnish with parsley.