Restaurant Style Bell Pepper Fajitas + Black Beans
- Dairy Free
Why we love it:
- 2 teaspoons Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Black Pepper (freshly ground, to taste)
- 21⁄2 Tablespoons Canola Oil (divided)
- 1 Red Onion
- 3 Bell Pepper (Orange, Yellow or Red)s (cut into strips)
- 1 15-ounce can Black Beans
- 1 Avocado
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese (or shredded mexican blend)
- 4 Tablespoons Sour Cream (optional)
- Flour Tortillas
In a small bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic, 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper.
Slice the bell peppers and onion into 1” thick strips. Season with 1 ½ Tablespoons canola oil and toss with the spice blend.
Heat a cast iron or other large skillet over medium-high heat and add the bell pepper and onion mix; turn occasionally, until charred and tender, about 6 - 8 minutes. Open and drain the beans, add them to the pan and cook for 3 minutes or until hot.
Slice avocado, add cheese and sour cream. Warm the tortillas in the oven or over the grill until just pliable.
Serve on plates or in family sized platters.