Portobello Cobb Salad
- Gluten Free
Why we love it:
- 6 Eggs (or as many as you’d like to serve)
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1⁄2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Oregano
- 1⁄2 Tablespoon Kosher Salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Black Pepper (freshly ground)
- 1 English Cucumber
- 1 pint Cherry Tomatoes
- 5 ounces Blue Cheese
- 1 Avocado (large, diced)
- 1 pound Portobello Mushroom
- 10 cups Romaine Lettuce (chopped, about 2 large heads)
1. PREHEAT OVEN TO 400 DEGREES
Place 6 eggs in a small pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil, turn off the heat, and cover. Let sit for 15 minutes, then run under cold water and peel eggs.
Mince the garlic finely. Whisk all the ingredients together in a medium bowl or shake well in a jar.
(That is: ½ cup olive oil, 3 Tablespoons red wine vinegar, 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard, 2 cloves garlic, 1 Tablespoon dried oregano, ½ teaspoon kosher salt, ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper)
4. PREP VEGGIES
Dice or slice the cucumber; wash and decide to halve cherry tomatoes or not. Crumble the
blue cheese; dice the avocado.
Slice the mushrooms into ⅓” wide stripes. Season with a drizzle of olive oil and a Tablespoon or so of the dressing. Bake at 400 for about 12 - 15 minutes or until they’re golden brown and tender. Set aside.
Wash the romaine and dry very well. Place in a large serving bowl.
Top lettuce with the ingredients: mushrooms, cucumber, avocado, tomatoes, blue cheese. You can arrange them in a pattern or pile them on top - or serve in individual bowls. Toss with dressing or serve it on the side.