Why we love it:
- 12 ounces Spaghetti (or any shape cooked pasta, about 5 cups)
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil (divided)
- 1⁄2 pound Broccoli Rabe (or other greens such as swiss chard)
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 6 Eggs (large)
- 1⁄2 cup Ricotta Cheese
- Black Pepper (freshly ground, to taste)
- 1 cup Smoked Mozzarella Cheese (shredded, divided)
- 3⁄4 cup Parmesan Cheese (freshly grated, divided)
- 1 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
1. PREHEAT THE OVEN TO 350 DEGREES
If starting from scratch, bring a large pot of water to a boil, add salt and cook pasta until al dente. Drain in a colander and immediately rinse with cold water, drain again and toss with a Tablespoon of olive oil. Set aside.
Heat remaining olive oil in a large oven proof sauté pan (cast iron is great, but not necessary) over medium-high heat. Chop the broccoli rabe, leaves and flowers. Add the broccoli rabe to the pan and cook, tossing with tongs, until just wilted, about 2 - 3 minutes. Mince and add the garlic, cook for 1 minute. Turn off the heat but leave the pan as is on the stove.
Lightly beat eggs in a large bowl. Add ricotta and whisk until mostly smooth.
Add cooked pasta, broccoli rabe and garlic. Add black pepper to taste, 1 cup shredded smoked cheese, ½ cup Parmesan, crushed red pepper flakes and ½ teaspoon salt, mix well.
Transfer the pasta and egg mixture to the pan you cooked the broccoli in. Press it all in place and shake it a bit so the egg drips down. Top with remaining cheeses.
Bake 25 - 35 minutes or until heated through and spaghetti is starting to brown in places.
Slide a spatula around the edge and if you’re brave, slide underneath and remove from the pan to a cutting board. Slice into wedges. If not, carefully slice into wedges in the pan, but take care not to nick the pan.