- Dairy Free
- Low Carb/Paleo
Why we love it:
- 4 cups Vegetable Stock (or chicken stock, or broth)
- Nori (1 sheet, optional - if your kids eat seaweed snacks you can use that too)
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 4 Tablespoons White Miso (yellow or red will be ok too)
- 3 cups Green Chard (or spinach, kale, etc.)
- Silken Tofu (1 block - any firmness will work; silken is traditionally used)
- 1⁄2 bunch Green Onion
Place stock in a large pot and bring to a low simmer. Add the seaweed/nori if using. Add the soy sauce.
In the meantime, place miso into a small bowl, add a little hot (tap) water and whisk until smooth. This will ensure it doesn’t clump when added to the soup later. Set aside.
3. GREENS + TOFU
Wash and dry the greens. Coarsely chop. Drain and dice the tofu. Add both to the stock.
4. GREEN ONION
Slice the green onion, both white and green parts. Add the white parts to the stock right away but reserve the greens.
Remove from heat, add miso mixture, and stir to combine.
Taste and add more soy sauce or a pinch of sea salt if desired. Serve in bowls and top with the green part of the green onion.